Energy & Environmental design
Can anodised aluminium be recycled?
- More than 90% of the aluminium used in buildings is recycled at the end of the building’s life. The recycling process requires only 5% of the energy required for the production of primary aluminium.
- The durability of anodised aluminium has been proven by independent inspection of buildings of more than 30 years old.
- Our production sites respond to the most stringent environmental standards with full chemical recycling and a large recovery of waste water.
- The anodising process does not produce CO2 or solvent emissions.
- Anodised aluminium is ideal for recycling. Whilst painted aluminium needs several preparation steps before it is melted, anodised aluminium can be simply be melted with no preparation, since the anodic layer consists of the same base metal.